Auction Terms & Conditions 1. All property is sold "AS IS" and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or condition of the property and no statement at the sale, or in bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
2. The highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser, and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot, or re-offer the lot for sale. Floor bidders have precedent over absentee bidders in the case of a same-amount winning bid.
3. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of $100 for any lot or portion of any lot not removed by the purchaser within three (3) business days after the day of the sale. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on the premises for more than three (3) business days after the date of the sale. At the option of Wickliff &Associates Auctioneers, Inc., the merchandise may be transferred to, and stored at a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay a monthly charge of $100 for any lot not paid by the purchaser within thirty (30) days of the date of the sale.
4. Personal checks will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. reserves the right to hold the merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank. The purchaser agrees to pay Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. a handling charge of $35.00 for any check dishonored by the drawee.
5. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these conditions of sale, including its obligations to pay, in full, the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest bidder, Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law, including (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser's breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price or failed to remove from the premises within (30) days, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
6. In no event will the liability of Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., to any purchaser with respect to any item, exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
7. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may, in its discretion, and at purchaser's request, package and have items shipped as directed by the purchaser. In such event, the purchaser agrees that (a) all such packaging, handling and shipping is at sole risk of the purchaser and that Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc, shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and (b) purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials, postage, all carrier fees and insurance charges.
8. All purchases are subject to the Indiana 7% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in Indiana if presented with business card or letterhead.
9. A premium equal to 12% of the final bid price will be applied to each lot sold, to be paid by the buyer, as part of the final purchase price
10. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale.
GUN SALE TERMS:
11. All Federal Firearms Laws as applicable to gun shows and auctions apply. Form 4473 and instant background checks performed all all winning bidders. Out-of-state purchasers must take delivery from registered dealer in the state in which they reside. ALL shipping and transfer costs are borne by the purchaser. A minimum $15 per-gun transfer fee will apply to all firearms sold.
Regarding shipping of firearms- (this from our FFL dealer, added to the terms August 14)
ALL MY SHIPPING IS VIA UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE PRIORITY MAIL, WITH A DELIVERY CONFIRMATION LABEL AFFIXED. PRIORITY MAIL COST IS USUALLY WITHIN JUST A COUPLE OF DOLLARS OF THE PARCEL POST COST AND DELIVERY IS WITHIN 2-4 DAYS MAXIMUM, COMPARED TO 7-10 DAYS FOR PARCEL POST. INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL, BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. I WILL NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE, NOR RESPONSIBLE, FOR DAMAGES OCCURRING IN TRANSIT UNLESS INSURANCE IS INCLUDED IN THE SHIPPING CHARGES.
THE GROSS SHIPPING WEIGHT OF THE RIFLES WON'T LIKELY EXCEED 25lbs EACH, AND LIKELY A BIT LESS, UNLESS THE BUYER ALSO BUYS ONE OR TWO OF THE HARD-CASES TO HAVE THEM SHIPPED IN. THEN YOUR WEIGHTS WOULD BE PRETTY CLOSE TO SPOT-ON. HOWEVER THAT WILL SUBSTANTIALLY INCREASE THE SIZE TO A POINT THAT THE USPS WILL LIKELY IMPOSE AN OVER-SIZE SURCHARGE, AND IT WILL ALSO REQUIRE ME TO OBTAIN A SPECIAL SHIPPING CONTAINER(S) AS WELL.
MY STANDARD PACKAGING IS END LOADED, SPECIAL STRONG-WALL (200lb per SQUARE INCH BURST STRENGTH RATED), CARDBOARD BOXES DESIGNED SPECIFICALLY FOR SHIPPING FIREARMS. THE GUNS ARE WRAPPED IN BUBBLE WRAP AND TAPED PRIOR TO INSERTION. THEN THEY'RE TIGHTLY PACKED UTILIZING SHREDDED NEWSPRINT. THERE HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY NO CLAIMS OF DAMAGE IN WELL OVER A HUNDRED LONG GUNS SHIPPED IN THE LAST YEAR ALONE.
THE LAST LONG GUNS I SENT TO THE WESTERN SIDE OF NM WENT FOR ABOUT $35 - $40 EACH, ALL CHARGES INCLUDED. MY LONG GUN PACKAGING IS 4" X 8" X 52". IF HE BUYS TWO GUNS THE P.O. WILL ALLOW ME TO STRAP BOTH TOGETHER AND THAT ONLY ADDS ABOUT $15-$20 EXTRA TO THE SINGLE BOX COST, SO LONG AS THE TOTAL WEIGHT DOESN'T EXCEED 50lb OR THEREABOUTS. MY PACKAGING COST SHALL BE $7.50 FOR EACH FIREARM SHIPPED.
MOST PISTOLS CAN BE SHIPPED IN USPS PRIORITY MAIL FLAT RATE BOXES. THE MEDIUM BOXES GO FOR $10.35 AND THE LARGE ONES FOR $13.95. THIS DOESN'T INCLUED THE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION LABEL @! $0.70. THE INSURANCE COSTS ARE BASED UPON THE DECLARED VALUE OF THE ITEM BEING SHIPPED.
AFTER HAVING A COUPLE OF HOURS TO THINK OVER THE PROCESS, I THINK THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION IS TO PROVIDE ME WITH THE EMAIL, TELEPHONE NUMBER & ZIP CODE INFORMATION OF THE SUCCESSFUL OUT OF STATE BIDDERS (OR ANY NON-ATTENDING BIDDERS). I'LL GET THE ITEMS PACKED UP AND TO THE POST OFFICE FOR THE EXACT OFFICIAL SHIPPING COST TO THEIR LOCATION.THEN I'LL CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY WITH THE TOTAL SHIPPING COST.THAT WAY THEY CAN SIMPLY INCLUDE THE SHIPPING COST WITH THEIR RECEIVING AGENTS MANUALLY SIGNED, IN ORIGINAL INK, 01 FEDERAL FIREARMS LICENSE. FOR THIS REASON, I DON'T THINK I'LL ACCEPT FFL's VIA EMAIL ATTACHMENTS NOR FAX, FOR NON-ATTENDING BIDDERS. THAT'LL GO A LONG WAY TOWARD KEEPING EVERYTHING TOTALLY CONTROLLED, AND AVOID ANY CONFUSION IN KEEPING EACH SUCCESSFUL BIDDERS ITEMS SEPARATED. PROVIDED THEY SEND THEIR PAYMENT & FFL VIA USPS 1st CLASS, PRIORITY OR EXPESS MAIL, THIS SHOULD DELAY DELIVERY BY MORE THAN 1-3 DAYS.
ONE ADDITIONAL ITEM. DUE TO A RECENTLY PASSED LAW IN CALIFORNIA REQUIRING THAT I REGISTER MY BUSINESS WITH THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE IN ORDER TO SHIP FIREARMS INTO THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THAT I REQUEST PERMISSION FROM THE CADOJ, TO SHIP EACH, AND EVERY, FIREARM TO ANOTHER FEDERALLY LICENSED DEALER THEREIN, I NO LONGER SHIP ANY FIREARMS TO THAT STATE. THAT'S NOT ONLY AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL ( COMMERCE & EQUAL PROTECTION CLAUSES) RESTRICTION ON INTERSTATE COMMERCE, THAT'S WAY TOO MUCH HASSLE AND RED TAPE TO SUIT ME, SO PLEASE ADVISE YOUR TELEPHONE & ON-LINE BIDDERS THAT I DO NOT SHIP ANY FIREARMS, OR FIREARMS RELATED EQUIPMENT, TO FFL DEALERS IN CALIFORNIA. RESIDENTS OF THAT STATE WILL HAVE TO FIND AN INDIANA DEALER WILLING TO COMPLY WITH THE CALIFORNIA REGULATIONS, AND THEN MAKE THEIR OWN ARRANGEMENTS TO HAVE THE ITEMS SHIPPED TO THEIR DESIGNATED FLL DEALER.
PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED TO FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ANY OF YOUR POTENTIAL BIDDERS.
CHARLES J. ADAMS, CEO
ADAMS GUN EMPORIUM, LLC
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms