Auction Terms & Conditions Wickliff Auctioneers cannot accept credit card payments for any jewelry, gold, bullion or coins/money from new bidders. All online purchasers of these items must pay by cash or wire transfer, or check drawn on US Bank (checks will require a 10-day hold prior to release of merchandise) unless the bidder is well known by the auction house, which is at our discretion.
PAYMENT FOR ANY PURCHASE IS CONSIDERED DUE AND PAYABLE ON RECEIPT OF INVOICE. ALL PAYMENTS ARE DUE IN OUR OFFICE WITHIN 5 DAYS OF AUCTION. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., may, in its discretion, impose a late fee of $10/day on any account not settled within 5 days of auction. Any account not settled within 10 days is considered in default, and the purchaser shall have no right to complete the transaction.
ALL INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS MUST PAY VIA WIRE TRANSFER.
All gold coins, silver coins or any numismatic lot, must be paid by cash, wire transfer or check (personal, money order, cashier's check) and all paper checks require up to a 10-day hold before item can be released for shipping. The auction company reserves the right to require this method of payment on ANY lot, from any bidder new to our company.
BUYERS PREMIUM SCHEDULE
-Buyer’s Premium for monthly, catalogued auctions- A premium equal to 15% for live, phone and in-house absentee bidders and a premium of 20% for live, online bidders using a third-party platform (i.e.- liveauctioneers.com, proxibid.com, etc.) of the final bid price will be applied to each lot sold, to be paid by the buyer, as part of the final purchase price. A 3% discount of buyers premium is offered to bidders who pay by cash, check, money order or wire transfer IF TOTAL INVOICE IS PAID WITHIN 5 DAYS OF AUCTION.
-Buyers Premium for firearms auctions is 15% in-house/phone/in-house absentee and 20% for online bidders, for all forms of payment.
-Buyers Premium for specialty auctions is subject to change; please check each catalogue for details.
DELIVERY AND SHIPPING POLICY
Wickliff Auctioneers will be shipping all jewelry items. Winning bidders must pay for their purchase first, then a separate invoice will be sent for shipping, along with a payment link. Each package will have a $10 handling fee, plus actual shipping charges. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc, shall have no liability for any loss or damage to such items, and purchaser shall pay in advance, all packaging expenses, including labor, materials, postage, all carrier fees and insurance charges.
FOR ALL OTHER ITEMS- Quotes for shipping should be directed to local shippers. Purchasers may select any shipper they choose that will collect the items at the auction gallery; we use and recommend the following local shippers:
PakMail, Geist- email@example.com, or call (317) 823-8383
Craters and Freighters, Indy (larger items or quantities) – firstname.lastname@example.org or call (855) 278-6378
The UPS Store #3906, email@example.com, (317) 733-4010
Or...www.uship.com/ship to request shipping quotes for larger items
Purchaser is solely responsible for securing of labor for loading and packing of items purchased. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., does not employ laborers for loading and packing purposes. Any outside contractor selected by purchaser for pickup of purchases will be responsible for any packing, packaging and boxing or crating necessary.
A list of other services and national, LTL carriers is available. Please contact us via email for this information.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. All property is sold “AS IS” and neither the auctioneer nor any consignor makes any warranties or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall they be responsible for the correctness, nor deemed to have made any representation or warranty, description, genuineness, authorship, attribution, provenance, period, culture, source, origin or condition of the property and no statement at the sale, or in bill of sale, or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty of representation or an assumption of liability.
2. The highest bidder as determined by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. In the case of a disputed bid, the auctioneer shall have sole discretion in determining the purchaser, and may also, at his or her election, withdraw the lot, or re-offer the lot for sale. Floor bidders have precedent over absentee bidders in the case of a same-amount winning bid.
3. All merchandise purchased must be paid for and removed from the premises the day of the auction. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may impose, and the purchaser agrees to pay, a monthly storage charge of $100 for any lot or portion of any lot not removed by the purchaser within ten (10) calendar days after the day of the sale. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. shall have no liability for any damage to property left on the premises for more than ten (10) calendar days after the date of the sale. At the option of Wickliff &Associates Auctioneers, Inc., the merchandise may be transferred to, and stored at, a bonded warehouse and the purchaser agrees to pay all transfer and storage expenses. Any item(s) paid for by purchaser and not removed by purchaser within 30 days of auction is considered abandoned and right and title to the item(s) transfer to Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., who then may sell the item(s) and retain all proceeds.
4. Personal checks from bidders unknown to the auction house will be acceptable only if credit has been established with Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., or if a bank authorization has been received guaranteeing a personal check. Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. reserves the right to hold the merchandise purchased by personal check until the check has cleared the bank, usually 10 days. The purchaser agrees to pay Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. a handling charge of $35.00 for any check dishonored by the drawee.
5. If the purchaser breaches any of its obligations under these conditions of sale, including its obligations to pay, in full, the purchase price of all items for which it was the highest bidder, Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc. may exercise all of its rights and remedies under the law, including (a) canceling the sale and applying any payments made by the purchaser to the damages caused by the purchaser’s breach, and/or (b) offering at public auction, without reserve, any lot or item for which the purchaser has failed to pay in full the purchase price or failed to remove from the premises within (30) days, holding the purchaser liable for any deficiency plus all costs of sale.
6. In no event will the liability of Wickliff & Associates Auctioneers, Inc., to any purchaser with respect to any item, exceed the purchase price actually paid by such purchaser for such item.
7. All purchases are subject to the Indiana 7% sales tax unless the purchaser possesses a sales tax exemption number. Exemption numbers from other states are accepted in Indiana if presented with business card or letterhead.
8. Bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of these terms and all other terms announced at the time of sale.
Refunds are not available, except in the case of a blatant misrepresentation of a material fact by the auction company, claims made within 10 days of auction. All purchases are final, and purchaser makes the decision to buy based upon their own investigation and not upon representations made by auction company.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms